Sales Advisor - Full Time
We are a leading UK broker based in Northampton predominantly offering luxury car and home insurance products to the affluent. We also provide commercial insurances to small-to-medium enterprise and a range of financial protection products, all nationwide.
We are looking for a hard working, individual to provide professional advice to clients reflecting on their circumstances and insurance needs. Advice will predominantly be provided at new business stage with a view to winning business and starting customers on a journey with First Point. Creating and capitalising on further business opportunities along that client journey is a key target. You will be able to recognise and convert sales opportunities which deliver quality outcomes for customers. In addition to servicing customers, supporting and developing relationships with introducers is a key requirement of the role. As part of a department at the forefront of the business, being a positive team member is also a vital component the successful applicants will possess.
With a client base of exceptional quality, the standard of our service is of paramount importance. You will therefore need to display excellent customer service and technical skills, handling and processing transactions with utmost accuracy. Your duties will demand high quality personal call handling aiding the development of client and insurer relations. It is also likely that you will be called upon to attend various hospitality events with clients, introducers and insurers. A professional appearance is therefore essential to the role.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Servicing both inbound and outbound calls to new and existing customers and to the highest of standards.
- To promote growth and retain business.
- Nurturing and developing client and insurer relations (in and, on occasion, out of the office).
- Providing professional advice based on comprehensive assessment of the client’s needs and circumstances.
- Selling and cross selling a range of insurance products.
- Negotiating terms with both clients and insurers.
- Nurturing and developing introducer relations (in and, on occasion, out of the office)
- Accurately processing policies, associated transactions, and documentation (Acturis and MS Office).
- Developing and improving existing processes to enhance the services that we provide.
- Providing support and advice to colleagues with all enquiries.
- General clerical and administrative duties.
Your employment background should include
- A minimum of 12 months motor and home insurance experience (essential)
- A minimum of 12 months sales, service and administrative experience (essential)
- Daily communications with the general public via telephone or face to face (essential)
- Frequent use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook (essential)
- Experience working with structured procedures and deadlines (preferred)
- Knowledge and understandings of FCA regulations (essential)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications (preferred)
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will be career minded and be prepared to go the extra mile to achieve results. You will be able to think on your own feet, be able to work independently, and as part of a team. You will be organised, motivated and articulate, commanding a positive outlook towards your role and activities.
Your skills and abilities should include
- An ability to sell relevant policies based on the client’s needs and circumstances.
- Confident and positive communication skills.
- An excellent telephone manner, a high degree of empathy and a natural ability to build rapport.
- Self-motivation and effective time management.
- An ability to work as a team player and alone using your initiative.
- Competent organisational skills and elevated administrative abilities.
- An ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets.
- An ability to focus on detail to maintain accuracy.
- Competence with numbers and technical information.
- A high standard of written language and presentation.
- Regular quality assurance assessments with development feedback support
- On and offsite training and development programs
- Financial support for industry-led qualifications with the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
Employment package and benefits include