Financial Protection Advisor - Full Time
We are a leading broker based in Northampton predominantly offering luxury car and home insurance products to the affluent. We also provide commercial insurances to small-to-medium enterprise and a range of financial protection products, all nationwide.
Duties for this role will command high quality personal communication skills to nurture and develop client and insurer relations, by telephone, in writing and face-to-face. This role is primarily based on a combination of service and sales.
We are looking for a multi-talented individual to provide professional advice to clients advising on their changing needs and circumstances. Servicing is focused on policy renewal and your objective will be to retain business and maximise other potential opportunities. You will therefore be able to recognise and convert sales opportunities but act exclusively for the client’s absolute and best interests.
With a client base of unprecedented quality, the standard of our service is paramount. You will therefore need to display excellent customer service along with the technical skills required to process and handle transactional duties with the utmost accuracy.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Servicing in and outbound calls to new and existing customers to the highest of standards
- Negotiating terms with both clients and insurers
- Nurturing and developing client and insurer relations (in and, on occasion, out of the office)
- Selling and cross selling a range of products
- Accurately processing policies, associated transactions and documentation
Your employment background should include
- Sales, service and administrative experience (essential)
- Frequent use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook (essential)
- Experience working with structured procedures and deadlines (preferred)
- Knowledge and understandings of FCA regulations (preferred)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications (preferred)
- Life insurance experience (preferred)
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will be career minded and be prepared to go the extra mile to achieve results. You will be able to think on your own feet, be able to work independently, and as part of a team. You will be organised, motivated and articulate, commanding a positive outlook towards your role and activities.
Your skills and abilities should include
- Confident and positive communication skills
- An excellent telephone manner and a natural ability to build rapport
- Competent selling techniques with demonstrable results
- An ability to work under pressure to meet deadline and targets
- Competent organisational skills and elevated administrative abilities
- An ability to focus on detail to maintain accuracy
- Competence with numbers and technical information
- A good standard of written language and presentation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook