Experienced Customer Service & Claims Advisor - Full Time
We are a leading broker based in Northampton predominantly offering specialised car and home insurance products to the affluent. We also provide commercial insurances to small-to-medium enterprise and a range of financial services, all nationwide.
Duties for this role will command high quality personal communication skills helping to promote client and insurer relations by telephone, in writing and face-to-face.
Customer involvement is key to the role and you will need to possess a natural ability to build rapport. As a supporting member to our New Business and Renewal teams you will be required to manage and service all midterm policy changes and to assist with and oversee claims, successfully managing outcomes and dealing with all client servicing needs and tasks with skill and efficiency.
You will also need to recognise and convert sales opportunities and be able to process a comprehensive range of transactions with a high level of accuracy.
With a client base of unprecedented quality, the standard of our service is paramount. You will therefore need to display excellent customer service and technical skills whilst processing and handling transactional duties with the utmost accuracy.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Servicing in and outbound calls to existing customers and to the highest of standards
- Nurturing and developing client and insurer relations (in and on occasion out of the office)
- Providing sales support duties (cross sales) and negotiating terms, with both clients and insurers
- Managing claims and servicing outcomes with our clients, insurers, and partners
- Registering claims and maintaining client servicing records with total accuracy
- Accurately processing policies, associated transactions, and documentation (Acturis and MS Office)
- Develop and improve on existing processes to enhance the service we offer
- Providing support and advice to colleagues with enquiries
- General clerical and administrative duties
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will be career minded and be prepared to go the extra mile to achieve results. Someone who will be able to think on their feet, working independently and as part of a team. They should be well organised, self-motivated, approachable with a positive outlook towards their work. An interest in career and skills development will be highly favourable.
Your employment background should include
- At least 1 year motor and/or home insurance experience (essential)
- Customer Service experience including in and outbound call handling (essential)
- Office and administrative experience (essential)
- Frequent use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook (essential)
- Experience working with structured procedures and deadlines (preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of FCA regulations (preferred)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications (preferred)
Your skills and abilities should include
- Confident and positive communication skills
- An excellent telephone manner, a high degree of empathy and a natural ability to build rapport
- Self-motivation and effective time management
- An ability to work as a part of a team and by using your own initiative
- Competent organisational skills and elevated administrative abilities
- An ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets
- An ability to focus on detail to maintain accuracy
- Competence with numbers and technical information
- A good standard of written language and presentation