Experienced Customer Service & Claims Advisor - Full Time
We are a leading broker based in Northampton predominantly offering specialised car and home insurance products to the affluent. We also provide commercial insurances to small-to-medium enterprise and a range of financial services, all nationwide.
Duties for this role will command high quality personal communication skills helping to promote client and insurer relations by telephone, in writing and face-to-face.
Customer involvement is key to the role and you will need to possess a natural ability to build rapport. As a supporting member to our New Business and Renewal teams you will be required to manage and service all midterm policy changes and to assist with and oversee claims, successfully managing outcomes and dealing with all client servicing needs and tasks with skill and efficiency.
You will also need to recognise and convert sales opportunities and be able to process a comprehensive range of transactions with a high level of accuracy.
With a client base of unprecedented quality, the standard of our service is paramount. You will therefore need to display excellent customer service and technical skills whilst processing and handling transactional duties with the utmost accuracy.
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will be career-minded and be prepared to go the extra mile to achieve results. Someone who will be able to think on their feet, working independently and as part of a team. They should be well organised, self-motivated, and approachable with a positive outlook towards their work. An interest in career and skills development will be highly favourable.
Your employment background should include
- A minimum of 12 months motor or home insurance experience (essential)
- Customer Service experience including in and outbound call handling (essential)
- Office and administration experience (essential)
- Frequent use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook (essential)
- Experience working with structured procedures and deadlines (preferred)
- Knowledge and understandings of FCA regulations (essential)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications (preferred)
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Servicing in and outbound calls to existing customers and to the highest of standards
- Nurturing and developing client and insurer relations (in and on occasion out of the office)
- Providing professional advice based on comprehensive assessment of the client’s needs and circumstances
- Providing sales support duties (cross sales) and negotiating terms, both with clients and insurers
- Managing claims and servicing outcomes with our clients, insurers and partners
- Registering claims and maintaining client servicing records with total accuracy
- Accurately processing policies, associated transactions, and documentation (Acturis and MS Office)
- Developing and improving existing processes to enhance the services that we provide
- Providing support and advice to colleagues with all enquiries
- General clerical and administrative duties
Employment package and benefits include