Compliance Technician - Full Time
We are a leading broker based in Northampton predominantly offering luxury car and home insurance products to the affluent. We also provide commercial insurances to small-to-medium enterprise and a range of financial services products to private clients, all nationwide.
We are looking for a multi-talented individual to help ensure that our high standards are maintained, the role involves auditing your colleagues' output to ensure that all regulatory requirements and internal procedures are met. Your duties will demand an ability to focus on fine details to identify errors, and then report back on those errors to colleagues. You will work within a team to meet targets and to identify trends. There will also be some data entry tasks involved within the role where analysis of the data is required.
With a client base of unprecedented quality, the standard of our service is paramount. You will therefore need to display excellent technical skills, handling and processing transactional duties with the utmost accuracy.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Quality control checks to ensure of accurate and compliant presentation
- Call monitoring to ensure high standards and compliance are satisfied
- Data entry and associated analysis of information
- Highlighting reoccurring trends and promoting action
- Providing feedback and guidance to staff, training and development officers and general management
- Assisting the development of procedures, guidelines, and documentation
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will be career minded and be prepared to go the extra mile to achieve results. Someone who will be able to think on their feet, working independently and as part of a team. You should be well organised, self-motivated and approachable with a positive outlook towards your work. An interest in personal development would be favourable.
Your employment background should include
- Office experience (essential)
- Administrative experience (essential)
- Experience with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook (essential)
- Experience working with structured procedures and deadlines (preferred)
- Insurance experience (preferred)
- Motor and home insurance experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of FCA regulations (preferred)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications (preferred)
Your skills and abilities should include
- An ability to focus on detail
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Able to work competently with numbers
- Accurate processing and presentation
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- An ability to work as a team plater and using your own initiative
- An ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A competent understanding and working ability with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Self-motivation and effective time management
- A natural ability to build rapport