Commercial Account Manager - Full Time
We are a leading broker based in Northampton providing commercial insurances to small-to medium enterprise alongside a range of financial services and specialised personal insurances. We serve businesses, business owners and private clients throughout the UK.
We are looking for a multi-talented individual who will be responsible for creating new leads and opportunities, retaining an existing book of business and winning new customers from both our existing client base and in key localised areas.
Duties will command high quality personal communication skills helping to promote client and insurer relations by telephone, in writing and face-to-face. You will be able to assess market rates, relay information to underwriters and negotiate favourable terms in order to succeed.
You will have proven experience in an insurance and sales environment and be able to perform all of your duties to a high standard whilst working within a framework of company procedures and regulatory requirements.
With a client base of unprecedented quality, the standard of our service is paramount. You will therefore need to display excellent technical skills, handling and processing transactional duties with the utmost accuracy. You will be organised and capable of effective client management throughout the life of the client journey which will include mid-term servicing, cross-selling, overseeing claims and successfully handling client renewals.
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will be career minded and be prepared to go the extra mile to achieve results. Someone who will be able to think on their feet, working independently and as part of a team. You should be well organised, self-motivated and approachable with a positive outlook towards you work. Supporting academic achievements and Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications preferred.
Your employment background should include
- At least 2 years commercial insurance experience (essential)
- Sales, service and administrative experience (essential)
- Frequent use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook (essential)
- Experience working with structured procedures and deadlines (essential)
- Knowledge and understandings of FCA regulations (essential)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications (preferred)
- Motor and home insurance experience (preferred)
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Servicing in and outbound calls to new and existing customers to the highest of standards
- Negotiating terms with both clients and insurers
- Nurturing and developing client and insurer relations both in and out of the office
- Selling and cross selling a range of products
- Accurately processing policies, associated transactions and documentation (Acturis and MS Office)
Employment package and benefits include